FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTONS.
These are the questions that most people ask when they first consider going to see a hypnotherapist at Hypnotherapy Nelson.
Will I lose control and not know what I am doing? I can assure you with clinical hypnotherapy YOU remain in control. While you will be deeply relaxed and your unconscious mind open to suggestion,I can not give you any suggestions that are not totally in line with what it is YOU really want to do or change in your life.
What sort of things can be treated with clinical hypnotherapy?
1. Hypnosis can treat anxiety, fears and phobias. Whether it is a fear of flying, spiders, public speaking, germs, dentists or driving, clinical hypnosis, especially combined with psychotherapy techniques will help you overcome your anxiety and fears.
(Looking for: hypnotherapist nelson and anxiety hypnotherapy. )
2. Hypnosis can help you LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF. – Sounds too good to be true right? But it’s not. Hypnosis has been proven to be 30% more effective than just dieting when it comes to weight loss. Medical professionals speculate that hypnosis helps people who are hanging onto the extra weight for psychological reasons or people that overeat for psychological reasons eliminate their psychological need for extra fat or extra food. With hypnosis combined with psychotherapy you will develop healthy eating habits that last a lifetime.
3) Hypnosis is very effective to work with EATING DISORDERS. Anorexia and bulimia are the most serious mental health issues for young women. In conjunction with psychotherapy techniques hypnosis is very useful to help young women overcome eating disorders.
4. Hypnosis can help MANAGE CHRONIC PAIN – If you have a disease that leaves you in frequent pain , such as arthritis, then you already know that sometimes it feels like nothing will stop the pain. Hypnosis is a wonderful adjunct to other treatment programs. In many different scientific studies hypnosis has been proven as an effective pain management technique. So if nothing else is working for you when it comes to controlling your pain, or if you don’t want to take prescription painkillers, you should try hypnosis.
5. Hypnosis can help REDUCE STRESS– Stress is more than just annoyance. Stress can cause serious illness in people like heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and sleep disorders. If you have a lot of stress in your life and you feel like you can’t get it under control by using diet and exercise then it’s time to think about Hypnosis. Because Hypnosis involves putting you in a deep state of relaxation it gives your mind and body a chance to experience the relaxation that they desperately need.
6) Hypnosos is very effective to INCREASE FOCUS AND MEMORY for students studying and sitting for exams.
7) ENHANCE PERFORMANCE AND CONFIDENCE FOR SPORTS PLAYERS AND PERFORMERS. No matter whether you are wanting to lower your golf handicap, improve your tennis, give yourself a margin in a competion or sing a higher note, hypnosis can help you find your focus and perform at your peak.
8) Hypnosis can help rid forever those unwanted habits such as NAIL BITING , BED WETTING and SMOKING.
5. Hypnosis can help DEAL WITH CHILDHOOD ISSUES – Everyone has them. From serious abuse or other problems in the home to lack of self-esteem or a need to be successful at all costs the issues and problems that you experienced as a child might still be impacting you today and causing you to make bad decisions or to not take very good care of yourself. Hypnosis is a great way to work through childhood issues and replace those negative messages about yourself with positive ones.
6 Hypnosis can help with GRIEF AND LOSS ISSUES. Throughout our lives we will all suffer loss. Sometimes this loss feels too hard to bear. Clinical hypnotherapy and psychotherapy techniques with an experienced therapist can help the process.
6. Hypnosis can HELP CURE INSOMNIA – Millions of people suffer from sleep disorders that range from full insomnia to night terrors, wakeful sleep, sleepwalking, and the inability to fall into REM sleep which your body needs. Sleep disorders can cause a wide range of other problems like obesity and addiction to either sleeping medications or to caffeine or other stimulants in an effort to keep the body going even though it’s exhausted. Sleep disorders are notoriously hard to treat. Many sleep disorders have an associated psychological condition that makes it necessary for people to get both psychological and physical treatment in order to be able to get some sleep. Hypnosis can help treat the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance while at the same time it puts the body in a deeply relaxed state that helps the body and mind become rejuvenated.
7. Hypnosis can PROMOTE DEEP RELAXATION – If you have ever tried meditation you know already the great things that relaxation does for the mind and body. You can become more creative, better at problem solving, less irritable, and you can reduce your risk of health problems like heart disease or high blood pressure significantly if you meditate or relax regularly. But if you have trouble relaxing, or if you never seem to be able to relax deeply enough to really feel refreshed, then you should try Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a wonderful way to experience truly deep relaxation that will make you feel much healthier.
8. Hypnosis can HELP YOU CHANGE YOUR BEHAVIOUR– Are you the kind of person that is always snapping at others? Do you get irritated and angry often? Do you have trouble managing your anger? Hypnosis can help you change your behavior patterns so that you can be healthier and happier. Often behavioral patterns are learned in childhood, but a hypnotic suggestion given while you’re in a deep hypnotic state can help you get rid of those old messages telling you to behave in certain ways and replace the with messages to act in new, more appropriate ways. If you are trying to recover from the effects of a dysfunctional family or an abusive childhood using Hypnosis to help eliminate the unhealthy patterns that you learned to survive can be very therapeutic.
Hypnosis can help you QUIT SMOKING in one 2 hour session. 98% success rate .
Hypnosis can help with Insomnia. Learn how to have a deep peaceful sleep all night
Hypnosis can help with other sleep disorders such as sleep walking and bed wetting in children.
(At Hypnotherapy Nelson I provide an effective solutions for anyone who is been searching for: hypnotherapy anxiety, hypnotherapy weight loss, hypnotherapy stop smoking, stop nail biting, hypnotherapy anorexia, hypnotherapy effective study techniques, pass exams, hypnotherapy confidence public speeking, hypnotherapy sports performance, hypnotherapy insomnia to sleep well, hypnotherapy confidence and self esteem ,hypnotherapy grief and loss,hypnotherapy children ,hypnotherapy sleep walking,hypnotherapy relationshp issues.
How many sessions will I need?
There can be no standard answer to this question but I can say by adding hypnosis to other sorts of therapies the process goes much faster. Because you are employing the subconscious mind to work with the conscious mind the process to change is hastened. Some may only need 2 to 3 sessons. For others real change may take longer. It would be rare for someone to need more than 10 sessions to get the changes they desire. Smoking is one 2 hour session.